If you are looking to upgrade your kitchen space, one of the first things you need to do is to create a checklist to make sure the project is on track. There’s no single best way to go about it, especially considering that every kitchen is unique in its own way. You have to make your own, but if you don’t know where to start, here’s a guide to help you out.
- Timeline. You’re not expected to have specific dates on your timeline, but you should at least have an idea of when you want to start and end your project. Make sure to discuss with your remodeler upcoming special events in your life, be it a birthday of a loved one or a holiday gathering, as you prepare your checklist.
- Budget. Find out how you want to finance your remodeling project. Your remodeler can provide you with numerous financing options, but for the most part, you can choose between paying through cash or credit card or taking advantage of a home equity loan or a HELOC (home equity line of credit).
- Layout and Design. The planning phase is the most important part of the remodeling process, so make sure you and your remodeler work together in designing the layout for your kitchen remodel. Everything else will fall into place as soon as you’ve made a decision on this, including the materials and components that will go into your new space.
Buying and Ordering
- Browse countertop options. You’ll find that countertops are available in many different materials that can suit almost any type of kitchen design. Make sure to choose what’s best for your new kitchen without going beyond your budget. You can also consult your contractor on what they suggest for your kitchen space.
- Browse different cabinet styles. Just like countertops, cabinets are available in just about any style that caters to different kitchen interiors. You can choose pre-built ones or have them customized to specific dimensions.
- Select appliances. This includes not just the type of appliances you’re looking for in your project, but also the measurements to know how they’ll fit in your kitchen space.
- Choose from many flooring and lighting options. These will be one of the first things people notice when they see your kitchen for the first time. Make sure to consider what works best on your layout so that you’ll feel more confident when you make a measured decision.
Sadler Building Corporation can help you reconfigure your kitchen layout, update your cabinetry and flooring, or assist you in choosing the latest trends in kitchen and bath designs. To discuss your project with us, give us a call at (757) 977-1041 or fill out our convenient online request form. Our Virginia service areas include Suffolk, Isle of Wight, and Chesapeake, VA.