Your kitchen is one of the most frequently used rooms in your home. After all, not only do you prepare your food there but you can dine there with your family and entertain guests as well. With that in mind, remodeling experts say it’s best that you ensure that it’s well-lit as much as possible. Thankfully, there are a few ways you can easily accomplish this.
1. Repaint Your Kitchen Walls – If your kitchen doesn’t have a lot of natural light to begin with, experts recommend that you steer clear from dark colors as they can absorb the light that enters your kitchen. Instead, repaint your kitchen walls to have lighter colors to brighten the look and provide a contrast to the kitchen’s darker elements.
2. Repaint or Replace Your Cabinets – Your cabinets are the focal point of your kitchen so staining or painting them in a brighter color can easily make it seem like your kitchen is brighter than it actually is.
3. Consider New Countertops – Dark kitchen countertops can make everything in your kitchen seem dark as they’re often used to contrast the kitchen wall colors. To brighten up your kitchen, have your custom home builder install brightly colored countertops to make the room appear more lively.
4. Add a Mirror – Adding a mirror is the oldest trick in the book when it comes to making a single space look brighter and larger than it actually is. Therefore, if you’re looking for some cost-effective ways to brighten up your kitchen, then adding a mirror in a strategic location is the best way to go.
5. Improve the Lighting – Of course, improving the kitchen’s lighting is one of the best methods you can use to brighten it up. You can accomplish this in three different ways: you can use a brighter bulb, turn your recessed lighting into pendant lights, or stick some under-cabinet lights. Whether you choose one method or mix all three, it’s guaranteed to turn your kitchen into a brighter room.
6. Add Something Metallic – Another way you can brighten up your dark kitchen is by adding something metallic to your kitchen, such as a stainless steel fridge. That way, any light that enters your kitchen can bounce off it and make the room look brighter.
Planning to remodel your kitchen? Don’t hesitate to turn to Sadler Building Corporation. When it comes to custom homes and build-on-your lot services, we are the leading semi-custom home builder to approach and you can count on us! Give us a call at (757) 977-1041 or fill out our contact form to get a quote. We serve homeowners in Chesapeake, VA, and other nearby areas in the state of Virginia.